Science Advisory Group Member, Autistica, 2015-present
- Invited to join the Science Advisory Group for Autistica, a major UK Autism Research Charity. The Science Advisory Group work to shape the strategic direction of funding priorities and provide expert guidance on research opportunities
Trainee Clinical Psychologist, University of Edinburgh, 2014-2017
- Core placements in Adult Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Children, and Older Adults.
- Specialist year in Child Development (60%) and Paediatrics (40%)
- Primary Therapeutic Modalities: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Systemic Practice
Scientific Committee, 11th Autism Europe Congress, 2014-2016
- Part of a 10 person committee formed by the National Autistic Society and Autism Europe. Committee directed the content of the conference, selected speakers, reviewed abstract submissions and chaired sessions.
Intern, Minds and Hearts Clinic (Brisbane, Australia), 2014
- Awarded a £6350 scholarship by the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust to travel to the world-renowned Minds and Hearts Clinic for eight weeks to study autism adapted CBT and disseminate findings in the UK.
- Observed clinical practice by world leaders in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Co-facilitated cutting-edge group interventions for children and adults with Autism.
- Wrote report for Winston Churchill Memorial Trust.
Assistant Psychologist to Dr Louise Connor, 2013-2014
- Training on Wechsler Psychometric Assessments’ administration, interpretation and reporting.
- Shadowed a series of CBT/motivational interviewing sessions for people with Autism
- Held small case load of teenagers with Autism
- Aided with research and creating resources for clients
- Assisted in Autism diagnostic assessments.
Jessica Kingsley Publishers (Sept 2008 – Present)
- Commissioned to write a book for parents of children with Aspergers Syndrome or high functioning Autism. Content designed to be a mix of research, self reflection and practical stratagies and insights for the layman, based on my own experiences. Raising Martians was delivered in September 2011 (aprox 80,000 words)
- Commissioned to write a book on Autism research for the layman (aprox 60,000 words)
Councillor, National Autistic Society (2007-2016)
- Elected 2007 and 2012 as a National Councillor, part of the electoral college for Trustees, and advising Trustees on issues faced by membership and strategic objectives.